Inclusion Criteria- Adults between 18 and 79 years of age who have sustained a chronic cerebrovascular accident (stroke) with known corticospinal tract damage
- At least one year after onset
- Ability to walk
- Ability to understand and follow simple instructions
- Written informed consent obtained from subject
Exclusion Criteria- History of cerebellar infarct, traumatic brain injury, tumor, etc.
- Rigidity, ataxia, or other Cerebellar or Basal Ganglia signs or symptoms.
- Hospitalizations in the past 6 months.
- Neurosurgical or Musculoskeletal surgery in last 12 months.
- Neurological or Musculoskeletal injury within the past month.
- Pain that interferes with the ability to assume side-lying position.
- Medication for hypertonicity: Participants may be on medicine for abnormal tone.
However, there must not be any of the following:
1. Change in dosage or type of medication during the past 6 months
2. Botox injection(s) within 6 months.