Inclusion Criteria1. I am 18 to100 yrs old.
2. I had one stroke 4 months to 5 yrs ago
3. I am not taking Aricept or other cholinesterase inhibitors (e.g. Exelon, Razadyne) or memantine (Namenda).
Exclusion Criteria1. I have history of dementia and or have been diagnosed with a memory disorder prior to my stroke.
2. I have been on anti-depressants or other cognitive enhancing drugs for less than 3 months and the dose is not stabilized yet.
3. I consume alcohol more than or equivalent of 4 ounces hard liquor weekly.
4. I am taking oral anticholinergic medications like Bethanechol, Bentyl or Detrol.
5. I am a woman of childbearing potential or I am pregnant or a nursing mother.
6. I have a history of chronic vomiting or diarrhea.
7. I am allergic to Aricept.