Inclusion Criteria1. Single stroke with an ischemic infarct.
2. Between 18 and 85 years of age.
3. Time since stroke onset must be >6 months.
4. Cannot be receiving any rehabilitation therapy.
5. Impaired ankle dorsiflexion/plantarflexion but at least 10 degrees of active motion.
6. Cognition level must be at least 24 out of 30 on the Mini-Mental Examination 7. Able to ambulate at least 100 feet independently. training.
Exclusion Criteria1. Cannot have any neuromuscular disorder other than stroke that impairs ankle motion.
2. Cannot have an executive function score on Stroop Interference Test of <37.
3. Cannot have a score on the Beck Depression Inventory of >10.
4. Cannot have ataxia, apraxia, receptive aphasia, hemi-neglect, or severe visual field cut .
5. Cannot be pregnant nor have indwelling metal or medical devices incompatible with fMRI.