Inclusion Criteria- Patient age ≥ 18 and ≤ 85 years.
- Patients with acute-onset stroke in the 0-6 hour time window for cerebral onset of symptoms and in angiography with a TICI reperfusion (Thrombolysis in Cerebral Infarction) value of 0 or 1 of at least one major cerebral artery (carotid artery, A. media , anterior cerebral artery, basilar artery, vertebral artery, posterior cerebral artery).
- NIHSS (National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale) ≥ 8
- Signed Informed Consent by patient / legal representative to participate in the study.
Exclusion Criteria- Pregnancy
- Demarcated infarcted area in the initial Cranial CT or intracranial haemorrhage,
- Rapid improvement of neurological symptoms
- NIHSS > 30
- Anticoagulation with warfarin with INR (international normalized ratio) > 3.0,
- Platelets <30,000,
- Glucose <50mg/dl,
- Life expectancy <90 days