Inclusion Criteria- Patients with acute ischemic stroke who are treated with alteplase within 3 hours of stroke onset (Onset is defined as the time that which the patient was last seen in a normal state, or bedtime for unwitnessed strokes occurring during the night).
- Patients who are able to provide written informed consent or have consent provided by a legally authorized representative.
- Patients who are at least 18 years of age.
- Patients who have a National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) score of at least 7 but not more than 23 and who are conscious.
- Other criteria as specified in the study protocol
Exclusion Criteria- Patients who are not eligible to receive treatment with alteplase (t-PA) due to brain hemorrhage, risk for hemorrhage, or other criteria.
- Patients who have stroke of the brainstem or cerebellum.
- Patients who have renal (kidney) disease or insufficiency.
- Patients who have active epilepsy or convulsions during the current stroke episode.
- Patients who are IV drug users or are inebriated.
- Patients who have a history of drug-related anaphylaxis.
- Patients who have taken sedatives, anticonvulsants, or any medication with sedating effects in the 10 days prior study enrollment.
- Patients who have taken more than 1.3 g of aspirin per day in the 2 days prior to enrollment.
- Patients who have a known vitamin hypersensitivity.
- Other exclusion criteria as specified by the study protocol