Inclusion Criteria- From 18 to 85 years of age
- Evidence of proximal anterior circulation large vessel occlusion (TIMI 0-1/TICI 0-1)from CT Angiography. Target vessel occlusion may include the supra-clinoid segment of the ICA through the M1 segment of the MCA.
- Presented with symptoms consistent with acute ischemic stroke within 8 hours of symptom onset. Patients who presented within 3 hours must be ineligible or refractory to IV rtPA therapy.
- At time of enrollment, neurological deficit resulting in an NIH Stroke Scale (NIHSS) score > 10
- Known core infarct volume assessed by CTP, CTA or DWI scans
Exclusion Criteria- History of stroke in the past 3 months.
- Pre-existing neurological or psychiatric disease that could confound the study results such as a pre-stroke mRS score >1
- Known severe allergy to contrast media
- Uncontrolled hypertension (defined as systolic blood pressure >185 mmHg or diastolic blood pressure >110 mmHg)
- CT evidence of the following conditions before enrollment:
- Significant mass effect with midline shift
- Evidence of intracranial hemorrhage
- Treated with endovascular therapy for acute stroke
- Life expectancy was thought to be less than 90 days prior to stroke due to non-stroke illness
- Participation in another clinical investigation that could confound the evaluation of the study