Inclusion Criteria- All participants must be >18 years
- Clinical diagnosis of stroke (or carers of someone who has experienced a stroke)
- Must be able to understand English and communicate responses.
- The target volunteer has been referred to this stroke-adapted ACT course by a clinician.
Exclusion Criteria- Patients with any other acquired brain injury e.g. traumatic brain injury, encephalitis, tumours etc.
- Patients diagnosed with a degenerative condition e.g. dementias.
- Significant cognitive/language impairment that would prevent them from engaging with the group.
- Those experiencing severe psychotic symptoms
- Those who are receiving other therapies, as part of a multicomponent intervention which would prevent any changes specific to group psychotherapy to be estimated (with the exception of drugs for anxiety and depression).