Inclusion Criteria- A person who has been diagnosed with acute coronary syndrome and is to undergo a percutaneous coronary intervention.
- A person who is of the legal age of 18 and is mentally competent to provide a signed written informed consent.
- If a woman is of childbearing potential (i.e., before menopause), she must test negative for pregnancy and agree to use a reliable method of birth control.
Exclusion Criteria- A person who has had an ischemic stroke within the last 3 months or a hemorrhagic stroke at any time in the past.
- A person who has active internal bleeding or has a history of a bleeding disorder.
- Individuals who are at an increased risk of bleeding based on laboratory criteria evaluated by the treatment physician or on medication that can cause bleeding.
- A person who has liver disease; for example, cirrhosis.
- A person who has a condition such as alcoholism, mental illness, or is drug dependent.
- A person who has cardiogenic shock, a refractory ventricular arrhythmia, or congestive heart failure (class IV).